Thursday, February 12, 2009

Silverado Trail Scenes

One of my favorite drives in Northern California is through the Napa Valley. Silverado Trail is absolutely beautiful any time of year. This past weekend I drove through and it looks like Spring came early. The valley was bursting with yellow and green...
This is exciting to me. It makes me wonder what the wine will be like for this year. Again, little rain and warmer temperatures may result in an interesting vintage. I can't wait to taste it in a couple years!
This is a late summer picture. The vines are full of fruit ripening in the sun. This picture was taken in 2007, so we may have tasted some already!

I am so fortunate to live so close to this beautiful road!

1 comment:

~nanashouse~ said...

The wild mustard is so beautiful this time of year. I've always wanted to stop and pick a bunch!