Saturday, November 30, 2013

Friends with Turkey

Friendsgiving
Coming from a large family is wonderful, but cumbersome during the holidays. I have sisters in different states and my brothers live in Northern California. Every year, I travel to one of their houses to spend the holidays, but I decided to stay put for Thanksgiving this year. My friends, Tim and Kandice, were so gracious to host Thanksgiving for those of us who have family far away. Since San Diego is full of transplants, we had a pretty good size group.

Friendsgiving, as I like to call it, was full of amazing food (2 turkeys), wine, laughter and good conversation. We went around the table and stated what we are thankful for and it was lovely to hear everyone give thanks. I am so grateful to have met a group of wonderful people where we can share gratitude and laughter.

1 comment:

tyler said...

What a wonderful post honey!!!!!! Please know that your decision to "stay put" was a good one for your life. Family will always be here and be your family, but to have the opportunity to come together with other "transplants" and share a friendsgiving as you did and share laughter and wine only comes every so often. I know they enjoyed your "baking" too. :) Love you honey.