Sunday, August 15, 2010

Veraison


Veraison: A stage in the ripening process of grapes whereby the grape begins to soften and starts to accumulate colour, flavour and tannin.


It has been a cool summer, harvest will be later this year and the grapes are just starting to turn. This is an exciting time for those in the wine business. It means that soon, work hours will be longer, sleep will be less and production will be increased. The birth of wine is labor intensive and requires dedication from all involved. Although my job only requires me to supply the wine makers with their needs for creating wine, I am excited to learn everything that happens to create a bottle of wine!


I can liken this season to my life right now. It has been a slow process for me this year to "ripen" into my next level. At times, I get impatient with the process and wish things would speed up and move on. However, when I think of refining myself, I realize that it is best to let the process take it's time. In the end, I will be ready to accept the gifts life has to offer and be ready for them. If there is anything I have learned this year, it is to take my time and let things happen naturally. 

3 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

Emmy, In light of what u shared with me this weekend about ur mtg. Okay, dissapointment of course, but take ur own advise and take it as a learning experience. What might u need to refine in ur approach to dealing with issues that come about. I know that u will succeed in ALL u set ur mind to. Please rememeber ur mom n I r ur biggest fans. We love.
DAD

mollyt said...

I love this post. And your Dad's comment reinforces the wonderful things I think about you. What beautiful people you must come from.

John Shope said...

I love the comparison of life to the veraison stage in grape development. It sounds like my winters! Great blog and keep posting.

http://www.thenextroundsonme.blogspot.com/