Friday, January 14, 2011

Buffalora

I left Milan on Monday and headed to Trecate, where our office is located. The company decided it would be smarter for me to stay closer to the office and I stayed in the quaint town of Buffalora. This town is filled with little streets paved with bricks, small alleys, a town square and a canal, designed by Leonardo da Vinci runs under the bridges. One of my colleagues was very informative and always gave me the history of where we went. She told me that the Navigli was created to transport materials to Milan for the Duomo. Fascinating!!

My accomadations were amazing as well. I stayed in Suite Manzonni in adorable room; it was like a home away from home. I must say, this has been one of my favorite places to stay. There is a fantastic bakery right around the corner where I ate some of the most amazing foccocia and pasteries...thank goodness they aren't near my home!! I would recommend staying here to anyone travelling in Italy. However, make sure you have transportation because there isn't much around.



1 comment:

~nanashouse~ said...

You should do this with your bed at home so you can re-live Italy every day.