Monday, January 10, 2011

Duomo

I spent a magical day in the city of Milano, Sunday. The weather was dreary, but my spirits were soaring when I emerged from the Metro to find the Duomo right in front of me. I immediatly headed over to see how I could get to the top. Of course, the inside is magnificent and somber. The stained glass was very intricate and the the entire place was ornate. I spent time walking around and standing in architectural awe!
 I found my way to the top and was greeted by "slipperies" as the sign stated and gargoyles. If it wasn't so cold, I probably could have spent a few hours exploring the roof. It was truly an unforgettable experience.
I loved the gothic architechture.

1 comment:

tyler said...

You must be in aw of all the history u r surrounded with. I love my history (nerd) as u call ur self. Enjoy this special time. OH yeah, get some work done!!!!!! hahaha Love u baby