Sunday, January 8, 2012

Looking back and then forward

The new year approached with the same haste the year flew by. There were so many moments that defined 2011 for me. Most of them were in a whirlwind of responsibility, but there were moments that stick out which appealed to my restless, adventurous soul.

-Hiking in 3 beautiful places (Marettimo Island, Central Coast and Torrey Pines)
-Visiting Milan, Budapest, Sicily and Portugal
-Learning more about wine than I ever thought possible
-Visiting my sisters and playing with their children
-Many nights of wine and laughter with the friends who mean the most to me
-Learning how to paddle board in Avila Beach
-Baseball games and Disneyland with my lil bro (Go Giants!!!)
-Learning that home is not a building but definitely where your heart is
-Watching my grandma's mind slip away and thanking God every time she remembers my name when I visit
-Christmas with my entire family...I loved seeing everyone together again

Cheers to a new year! I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store.

No comments: