Thursday, August 23, 2012

Island Dream

I have been wanting an island vacation for years. Every time I have tried to plan one, something would come up and it just never worked out. Vacation time is sacred to me. I work a lot and feel like I don't have enough time for vacation or accrued vacation time. But this year, an amazing opportunity came up and I feel so grateful to have this dream come true.

I am flying to Bali tonight. I can't wait. My dear friend, Penny rented a house over there and invited me to join her. At first, I was hesitant because the island in my dreams was always Tahiti or somewhere in the Caribbean. But then I thought, 'why not Bali?' So I purchased my plane ticket and can't believe this day is here.

I am looking forward to relaxing, laying in the sun, eating healthy and most of all quiet time. I have so much up in the air right now and I feel like I have lost my balance and direction completely. I cant think of a better way to find some balance than to be disconnected for some time. This will be the first trip I have taken without a plan when I arrive. This excites my adventurous side and I can't wait.

1 comment:

laura stirling said...

rock and roll, sister friend! have an EPIC time. you really deserve it. xoxo