Thursday, March 17, 2011

Texas BBQ and Winery Time

 I was able to visit one winery when I was in Texas, Driftwood Winery. The wine maker invited trade show participants out to his property for wine tasting and Texas BBQ. I'd have to say, after having Texas BBQ, I don't think anything compares. They really go all out. For instance, the spread included ribs, beef brisket, pork loin and sausages...then all the side dishes. The Salt Lick catered the event. Yummy! There is no way you could be a vegetarian at this event.

Now on to the winery...
scariest sign I've ever seen at a winery!!!
The winery is set in the 'hills' near Austin. They are the 'only winery with a view'. There were 3 tour buses that picked us up at the convention center and drove us out to the winery. While on our trip, they served Texas wine. Texas is fairly new in the wine industry so, the wine was lacking a bit. I am excited to see how their industry grows and perfects their wine making practices.

We did have delightful wine upon arrival. They served their Chardonnay and Syrah. I thought the Syrah went perfect with the meal. Then one of their State Representatives spoke about winery funding in the state. Lots of applause and whistling.
They say everything is bigger in Texas. I'd say the sunset proved that. This picture does not even described the light and span of color. It was absolutely breathtaking.

3 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

I'm having the hardest time posting comments on your blog. Have you been able to see any of them?

~nanashouse~ said...

OK here we go again...forget the wine, I would have been stopped by the sign! I just love the music on your blog!

Denise M. Gardner said...

There's some rather large, successful winery/resorts in Texas. I forget where I read about them, but it was while I was in CA. Supposedly, some of them are pretty awesome.