Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Inspired through a discouraging circumstance

Sometimes, it is so hard to find motivation. For instance, today I locked myself out. I was so upset with myself at first. I was famous for locking my keys in my car throughout college...you know the times when you see the key in the ignition or on the seat and continue to shut the door? So, I had one of those moments today. In fact, I opened my door to leave and noted that I forgot to lock my door last night, but was able to lock the one person that has the freedom to enter whenever...ME!!!
My landlord was available to come rescue me in 3 hours. Defeated, I couldn't figure out what to do. I was very task oriented today. I had an entire project laid out in my apartment for work. What was I to do now? For some reason, I carried my Blackberry out with me. So, I walked down the street to the cliffs and started working remotely from there. My frustration was soon turned into joy. It is amazing how something so trivial can upset and then refresh me.

So, while I was 'trapped' outside, I made a list of things that motivate, refresh and inspire me...
-The ocean--seeing, hearing, feeling and even tasting it!
-Running. Nothing like a good run to jump start me.
-Reading something inspiring (The Hiding Place leaves no room for me to complain)
-Hearing 'writing' music (check out Explosions in the Sky my writing music. They just released a new album)
-An Amazing wine...the kind you can sip 1 glass forever because it is that good!
-My family and dear close friends. They keep me in check as well as love me unconditionally.
-Redwood Trees
-Mountains
-Lakes
-The Eel River
-Vineyards in the morning
-A new passport stamp
-My faith, it always seems to pick me up when I forget I have it.
-Learning new things. I never ever want to stop learning
-Meeting new people and hearing their story.

2 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

What speaks most to me is that you still go back to The Hiding Place. I know God tucked that into your heart for a reason. You bless me abundantly :-)

Jenny said...

I'm so proud of you!

I was sewing last night when you called. :( Sorry.