Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mendoza: Day 1

I made it to Mendoza!!! The flight from Santiago to Mendoza is quick, but one of the most memorable flights I have had. The view is breathtaking...we were so close to the mountain tops. The decent was a bit bumpy, but I am thrilled that I don't have to get on another plane for a week.
Pretty fantastic view
 Upon arrival, we were transported to our hotel with 30 minutes to unload our things and go on our scheduled winery tour. We were all so tired but somehow found the gumption to complete 4+ hours of touring wineries and an olive oil producer.
Mendoza wine country
 Today was a bit hazy and this picture does not do the view justice...the Andes are spectacular.
Crazy traffic with a Yerba Mate to keep calm
In Argentina, Yerba Mate is a drink that is sipped on all day. Since we haven't had time to stop at a cafe, I was pleased to see that our driver had time to have his cup. This was an insane traffic jam that we somehow got through...maybe the Mate kept him calm???
Lovely old cellar
Today was a whirlwind. I thought it was Monday all day. I guess it is easy to lose track of time when you are on a tight travel schedule. I'm just happy that I am on the ground and get to explore a place I never thought I'd travel to.

Buenos Noches!

1 comment:

~nanashouse~ said...

I used to drink yerba mate. Yummy stuff. Looks like you are surrounded by beauty everywhere you look :-)