Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weary Traveler, Happy Heart

I have spent the past few days travelling trying to reach Mendoza, Argentina and there have been a few hiccups. I am on my 4th day of travel and still haven't reached my destination. However, I am a short flight away. I've experienced a closed runway, rescheduled flights and lots of insomnia. But my heart is happy and the familiar excitement that accompanies travel has lifted my spirits. Last night on the plane, I could not sleep and I tried every possible position that the seat would afford me. Since sleep was not an option, I decided to open the shade to check out the stars. What I was treated to was a lightening storm. I have never flown through one and it knocked my socks off. It is amazing what nature is capable of. I sat there in awe with a heart full of gratitude. Shortly afterwards, I was able to fall asleep and woke up a few hours later to the sun rising behind the Andes. I haven't even reached my destination yet the journey has been well worth it.

1 comment:

~nanashouse~ said...

Beautiful Emy girl. Have an amazing time!